What to expect from my bridal appointment
It is coming up to our busy season here at The White Wedding House bridal boutique. We love the Autumn/Winter season and can’t wait to see all of our beautiful brides-to-be who will be walking down the aisle in 2019 and 2020.
We are often asked ‘what to expect at my bridal appointment’ and ‘how long will my bridal appointment last’. So here is a quick summary of what to expect when wedding dress shopping. Of course we can’t vouch that all boutiques will give you the same exceptional service, but this is what each and every bride will experience at The White Wedding House…..
1) Book your appointment as far in advance as possible, especially for a Saturday appointment.
2) Choose just a small group of family or very close friends to come with you and guide you on this most exciting of decisions. Too many people, too many opinions.
3) Wear flesh/nude coloured underwear, or white. Opt for sensible underwear and a good bra. Strapless if possible.
4) Research a few styles and designs before you set out to have some idea of your instincts on the shape of your dress. Don’t worry if this changes as you try dresses on.
5) Our appointments last approximately 1 hour 15 minutes. Sometimes they are less, sometimes they are more.
6) You will have the benefit of a personal stylist, assisting only you for the duration of your appointment.
7) Your stylist will discuss your wedding plans, listen carefully to what you think you might be looking for, as well as pick out any styles that they think would work for you.
8) You will be able to try on each selected dress in the spacious surroundings of our large fitting room and red carpet aisle. Your chosen family/friends will be there to discuss each dress with you, as well as your stylist.
9) Veils, headpieces, tiaras and detachable trains can all be tried with each dress, to style the dress according to what best suits you and your look.
10) When you have found ‘the one’ your stylist will measure you and take the 50% deposit (for order dresses).
11) Ready to wear dresses are also available which you can take home on the day if you have a short amount of time until your wedding day.
12) Now that you have found your dream dress, go home, celebrate with lots of bubbles and balloons and plan the next steps of your wedding!